Anyone who wants to stretch one of today’s record CD prices through 2025 is in luck. This is due to its 18-month tenure earning a new national leader in paying 5.75% API. For the past week, the 18-month high rate was 5.66% API.
It’s today’s newcomer. First Harvest Credit UnionThe 5.75% API offer is available for a 15-month period. If opened this month, this will lock in your price until December of next year. But if you want to extend your payment guarantee until 2025, it’s a runner. Alabama Credit UnionPaying 5.66% APY in full over 18 months.
- A new CD took the top spot at 5.75% APY for 15 months over an 18-month period.
- The daily top rate for the nation’s best-performing CDs remained 6.00% API on the 1-year certificate — the first nationwide CD to reach that level since the Fed began raising interest rates last year.
- Today’s CDs nationwide that pay 5.50% APR or higher have increased from one to 47. That’s six gains over the past week.
- The best long-term option that offers at least 5.00% is a 3-year CD that pays 5.23% APR.
- The Fed is widely expected to hold rates at its September 19-20 meeting, but odds for a November Fed hike are currently running at around 45 percent.
Nationally, it remains the leading 6.00% API in all terms. America 1 Credit Union, available for 12 months. Lucky CD shoppers in select markets can choose one of these additional 6.00% APY offers.
Want to maintain a record rate for a longer period of time? You can earn a 5.23% API from our top 3-year CDs ranking leader, or at least 5.00% from five other competitors in that term. The maximum rates in the 4-year and 5-year terms are 4.81% APY and 4.86% APY.